The Copperhead snake was hiding behind the stairs of Haley McCormack’s home when her dog, Arlo, leapt right into action to save her. And, what McCormack didn’t know was that the snake was poisonous. Arlo jumped toward the snake as I gave chase.
As a result, Arlo was attacked three to 4 times in the face, but had the ability to kill the snake and save his human. In addition to anti-venom, pain medication, and CBD oil, Cormack brought Arlo to BluePearl Pet Hospital in Nashville. His neck, face, and eye were all swollen shut, however he is recovering fortunately, and is expected to completely recover.
” To believe how much loyalty, and love he had for me, to risk his very own life for mine, it’s really special,” McCormack informed WTVF. “We’re both lucky to have each other for sure.”
The animal hospital says that they’ve already dealt with greater than a lots cases of snake attacks this summer alone in their area. Arlo was not the only dog in the hospital that day suffering from a snake bite.
Cormack hopes Arlo’s tale will certainly raise awareness regarding the risks of snakes, not just to people however also to animals. Watch the video clip listed below for even more details: